Code of Conduct
We ask that everyone reads the Code of Conduct carefully prior to the application process and works with our rules in order to make this a successful and delightful conference for everyone.
1) Participating schools can participate in the event as a group, optionally, with an advisor teacher.
2) The language of the event is English. The recommended language level should be at the level of B1-B2+ with the indicators of the European Union Language Framework Programs.
3) Registration will not be accepted by phone or voice recording. Records will only be accepted through the website.
4) Participants will be dismissed from the conference if racist, sexist, ethnic or religious discriminatory ideas are declared in the written and oral statements. The legal responsibility shall belong to the participant.
5) The information requested during the application will not be shared with third parties and will be deleted at maximum one month after the conference.
6) Dress code for the conference is Western Business Attire (WBA). The delegates who are not dressed accordingly to the WBA will be warned and denied access to the conference -in case of a repeated action, person will not be given the certificate of participation and/or an award. Those who wish to wear traditional clothing must inform the Secretariat and get permission, however please keep in mind that the Secretariat bares the right not to give permission;
7) In the committees, access to electronic devices are denied during the moderated caucuses;
8) Smoking is not allowed at any of the venues;
9) Alcohol is strictly forbidden during ISTMUN’19 -any instances of drinking alcohol will be reported to the advisors to be dealt with by their school policies- in cases of underage drinking, legal authorities must be notified;
10) Any type of drugs are expressly and strictly forbidden and authorities will be involved immediately in any such instances;
11) All of the committees will be following the Harvard procedure;
12) Those who wish to attend the Conference as a visitor must inform the Secretariat until a week prior to the conference via ;
13) Those who are not a part of ISTMUN are not allowed to participate in social events even if they are acquaintances of a delegate, student officer or a personnel. Extreme behaviour will not be tolerated during social events ;
14) Delegates and every personnel must keep their badges on during the coffee and lunch breaks. Those who lose their badges shall pay the badge fee which costs 25₺. And those who don’t have their badges with them cannot join the social event even if they pay the social event fee.
15) Delegates are highly recommended to be punctual. They cannot be late for more than 15 minutes, if they do so the board cannot count them present. Those who miss more than 2 sessions, cannot receive a certificate of participation and/or award. In case of an emergency or a health problem delegates shall inform the Secretariat through the Dais staff ;
16) Plagiarism will not be tolerated throughout the Conference. Those who are found engaged in plagiarism will not be awarded the certificate of participation;
17) The participants who want to cancel their applications shall inform the PR team via email, however once their application is completed they cannot get a refund ;
18) All of the proposed resolutions must be written while in the the committee sessions. Pre-written or copied resolutions will not be accepted neither by the Committee Board nor by the Secretariat and those who are responsible for such instances will face the consequences ;
19) By applying, every delegate and personnel accepts the Code of Conduct, hereby they are obligated to follow the aforementioned rules for the sake of a succesful and delightful conference.